[Diabetes-talk] blood sugar swings

Lynn Baillif lbaillif at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 23:44:59 UTC 2012

Hi Alan,
yes, you can have symptoms similar to low blood sugar even when your sugar is not technically low.  This can happen if your blood sugar is falling rapidly.  It can also happen if your blood sugar typically runs quite high (for example in the 200s) and you have dropped much lower (say near 100).  The best thing to do, is to check your blood sugar whenever you feel "strange", and if you are not low, keep checking every 15 minutes to see if it is changing.  Have some carbs if you are continuing to drop quickly, or if the symptoms are quite bothersome.

If this continues to be a problem for you, you might want to check your blood sugar more often throughout the day in order to identify the cause.
Hope that helps.
Best of luck.
Lynn