[Diabetes-talk] Prodigy Voice comments

Albert Sanchez albertsanchez at suddenlink.net
Mon Jan 23 14:14:17 UTC 2012

Hello List
I have been using a Prodigy Voice glucometer for the last several years and
am quite pleased with it. I recently had a need to find the meters serial
number which is on the back. Since both my wife and I are totally blind I
had to wait until I could get sighted assistance in finding that number and
it occurred to me that since I can get an audible "readout" of the serial
number from my Digital Talking Book player and my VR Stream, would it be
possible to get that type of information built in to the "Voice"? I called
Prodigy Tech Support with that idea. I was told by their representative that
"if it happened at all, it would be a long time before it would be
implemented. The reason for the importance of the Serial Number is that some
software to download your readings from the meter to the computer requires
the meters serial number.

Am I the only one who wonders about this, or are their others on list with
input into this discussion question.

Yours Cordially
Albert Sanchez