[Diabetes-talk] Can't Help But Crow!

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Jul 19 02:42:41 UTC 2012

Hi, Joy.

Thank you very much -- and thanks also to Cheryl, Diane, Al, Joe, Dar and
all the other well-wishers.

Frankly, I was astounded I had brought my A1C down that much. I figured it
might be 6.3.

6.5 is a good point to shoot for as it's the value suggested by the A A C E
guidelines.

To answer Dar's question, it's mostly a matter of accurate carb counting,
accurately figuring the insulin doses to match and also giving the proper
correction boluses to bring high readings down.

And I'll be on insulikn the rest of my life. Considering how much better I
feel on insulin, it's a minuscule price to pay.

Mike