[Diabetes-talk] Accessibility questions, help needed

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 07:22:03 UTC 2012

Is there a person in your Weight Watcher's group who can assist you with
getting info not accessible? This may also be a great opportunity to
have an accountability partner too.

Also try accessing the contact us link on the website and simply make
your obstacles clear. I've not personally done this, but I know others
who have contacted website admins when experiencing accessibility
issues, and it seems to turn on a light initiating changes to said
website.

Also try contacting headquarters if your local group is not providing
info in an accessible manner for you. One point, can you be given info
in another format other than Braille such as via email or even voice
record stuff with a Victor or some other digital recording device?
Braille, right or wrong, is sadly not as easily available as other
accessible mediums these days, and if you really want information, you
may need to make an effort to get it in some other format. Weight
Watchers may also not know where to go to get material in Braille for
you.

It sounds like you really need to take charge and be the one dictating
all this. Sadly, this is just a fact for those requiring info in
alternative formats. It's not that people want to deny you or not be
helpful, but because they don't have to "deal" with a similar issue,
they are ignorant of what to do or where to go.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan