[Diabetes-talk] intuitive eating and textures Re: Excellent Article

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Wed Jun 20 14:33:14 UTC 2012

Mike I have always looked up to you, and I always feel you know more
than I until now.
the ID mate has done wonderful things for my diet, and it also helps my
husbands diet, now that we can read as many lables as we can from cans
bottles packages boxes and more.
We haven't had the ID mate long, for the short time we have though, we
have learned allot.
What can get depressing though, looking example at a biscuit, just one
can take up all of the carbs for me I am allowed for a meal.
Well trust me, not eating them often, when I do, I will have the rest
of the meal as well.  I realize not all of us can buy the ID mate,
where if you can, this will also help on how you eat.
I understand how my diabetic coordinator said to me one time, if you
have Jelly just do a teaspoon.
I couldn't figure out how she chose one teaspoon, until we read the jar
that said one teaspoon of jelly per serving.
ah yes, the light went on.
Now I understand.
I am excited this time, because three months ago I got off insulin, and
just am on pills.
I know by the numbers I have, my a one c will be much better.
It will take a week for me to get it back, where I will share.
Now I know you folks are better than I am on this, so that if is fine,
where for me I can't seem to keep celery or any vegetable products for
a long time before they go bad. I can't seem to eat them fast enough.
another gripe I have on eating, where when you are in a crowd someone
will say to you, for diabetics we have water melon.
the rest of us will have cake.
First of all, I am not a mellon fan.
My question is this,
Where on gravey do folks get the idea they can decide what I can or can't eat.
I want to slap them silly.
I don't, but gee it would be fun.
thanks again for being you to share what is happening, and I love to
read comments.