[Diabetes-talk] Spike.

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Mar 7 03:31:36 UTC 2012

Man! That's kinda sparse!

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Cory Jackson
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 7:03 PM
To: Diabetes Talk for the Blind
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-talk] Spike.

Hi,
When I first started watching carbs, that is all I watched I would
just allow myself to have anything I wanted just so I didn't go over
100 g of carbohydrate per day. After a while I started adding calories
to the mix. I should say the Humalog went away very quickly once I
started watching the carb intake once I started watching calories and
weight came off, Atlanta started dropping off as well. I don't allow
myself to have any more than around 1500 cal per day.

Cory Jackson
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 6, 2012, at 8:16 PM, d m gina <dmgina at samobile.net> wrote:

> What do you allow yourself for a days calorie burn.
> Or what you feel your body could handle.
> One thousand callories fifteen hundred callories anything like that?

190-200
>>> range. I am going to my doctor on Friday, but in the mean time, what do
I do
>>> when my sugar has spiked like this? Do I sleep it off (which is all I
feel
>>> like doing), or is something else recommended?
>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>
>>> Alan
>>> "The kind of work God usually calls you to is the kind of work that you
need
>>> most to do and that the world most needs to have done.The place God
calls
>>> you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's  deep
hunger
>>> meet."
>>> - Frederick Buechner's definition of "vocation" in his little book
"Wishful
>>> Thinking"
>>> Psalms 33:3 Psalms 150:5
>

>>> Alan Wheeler