[Diabetes-talk] Another question...like I haven't sparked enoughconversation? LOL!

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:46:31 UTC 2012

You only really need a calorie plan if you are trying to lose weight.
Like I said, typically, women are suppose to have around 2000 calories
per day and guys around 2500 to 3000 per day. 1500 calories is typically
what is used when dieting. If you don't feel weight is an issue, I don't
think it's necessary to bring up, but if you are curious, certainly ask
your doctor.

And your A1-C sounds good for a type 2 diabetic. Most type 1's don't get
below 6.0 because you are most likely in the range because of too many
lows. I'm a bit of an anomaly because whenever I try to get below 7, I'm
spending most days treating lows about half the time, and this is not
good either.

Anyway, based on what info you supply, I don't think a calorie plan is
necessary. As long as you are maintaining a carb/insulin and/or oral med
count, you should be okay. Certainly ask if you are curious though, and
I'm no doctor so who knows what a doc will say.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan