[Diabetes-talk] Accessible insulin pumps.

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:38:23 UTC 2012

My nurse educator, who I have known for a decade now, is a huge
supporter of developing accessible devices for blind and visually
impaired people. She speaks at a lot of conferences, and she shares this
message and uses my story for support. Hopefully if we can get more
people in the medical profession to be this active about pushing for
accessible technology, we will see more growth in that direction.

Is there anything we can do at the affiliate level to help with this?
Nebraska tried passing a resolution a few years ago that would have
doctor offices providing accessible meters just like they do for sighted
people, but the resolution was too vague and needed more research, so we
didn't pass it. I was appointed to a special committee to research and
revise it, but unfortunately my committee fell apart when no one
followed through with anything. Have other affiliates tried adopting
resolutions to help with this issue, and if so, how best to implement
it?

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at: