[Diabetes-talk] blood sugar testing without test strips or lancets

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Nov 12 19:52:01 UTC 2012

There is a meter (not the one you mention) that has just been approved for
sale in Europe; it's a CGMS so don't know how often it must be finger-stick
calibrated. But it supposedly uses IR light through the skin. Personally, I
wouldn't trust such a meter until it had been on the market for at least
five years; in my estimation, such meters don't depend upon an absolute
measurement but must do some calculating and guessing using an algorithm and
model before a reading is shown. To me, there are still far too many
variables to allow precise results. Just my $0.02-worth.

Mike