[Diabetes-talk] blood sugar testing without test strips or lancets

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:16:02 UTC 2012

Also, the most reliable form of testing your blood sugar is with you blood, you cannot do an accurate testing just on the surface of the skin.
Diabetics unfortunately, we have to prick our fingers or alternate sites for testing.
It is the fastest way of doing it.
Also, Mike my husband was reading that information from the website, it hasn't yet been testing in conjunction with insulin.
There are some things listed on the site at http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/topics/medical-devices.
Where it says that it has been know to cause issues with Insulin pumps when going through airport scanners, um I travel all the time, and in the last 2 1/2 years my pump has worked fine.
I don't know where these people get this information from.
Also, using a pump, my transplant doctors would not have recommended the pump, it it  caused infections etc.  The pump catheters do not go that far into the skin to cause that. Only thing at first it did cause the tape that is used to hold the pump in place on my skin I had an allergic reaction to, so I had to use a certain cream for a month or two for it to stop.
There are a lot of reasons this is yet to be on the US market.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through us.
Thank you.