[Diabetes-talk] got two numbers today

limestone lady limestonelady at samobile.net
Fri Nov 16 17:16:48 UTC 2012

Me too! Braille reading fingers are most certainly off limits. When I
was hospitalized this august, I made that known to the staff in no
uncertain terms. The funny thing was that I read with my right hand,
and my hospital i.d bracelet was on that hand, and the hospital
glucometers have bar code readers which read a bar code on said
bracelet, so that your reading was entered into your file
electronically. Well, I couldn't get used to it, and when a nurse would
grab my right hand I'd cringe and pull away. they were so good though,
and just kept reminding me that they were scanning not pricking.
Linda.