[Diabetes-talk] solo v2 test strips question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Nov 30 10:53:17 UTC 2012

I had another failed set of readings this morning.  Not enough blood for
the strip as usual this morning.  Before I tossed the diabetes debris in
the trash this morning though I used my finger nail accidentally on the
area inside the V-shaped indentation on the test strip.  I noticed
something that for me was kind of strange.  The strip felt as if it had a
polished surface inside that V-shaped area on the strip.  Usually polished
surface happens because paper is made high gloss by impregnating the paper
with clay which repels fluids.  If you want to absorb fluid on paper
though you have to have larger pores on paper and that paper will feel
rough in that case not smooth like high gloss paper feels.  Braille paper
surface is high gloss while a piece of typing paper has less gloss on it.
I'm wondering, could these test strips be defective?

jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net>
Adobe fiend for failing to Flash