[Diabetes-talk] The Sandi Mike Mentioned

Sandi Ryan sjryan2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 21:05:37 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I'm Sandi Ryan, a registered dietitian licensed to practice in Iowa, a diabetic since 2006, controlled with diet and exercise (as little as possible of the latter, ha ha) and, as of Sunday, September 30, 2012, President of the Iowa Diabetes Action Network.  I'm very glad to be on this mailing list!

As Mike said, you don't have to worry a lot about me being the food police.  I find it easier to live a low-carb lifestyle than to deal with foods that have, for nearly all my life, led me to binge.  But as you know, each of us is an individual with needs and bodies that respond differently.  As a dietitian, and as a person, I have never approved a "one-size-fits-all" approach to anything.  I respect the people who do the research and the people who come up with practical ways to put it into practice ... but what goes in my mouth is my choice, just as it is for you.

Anyway, I am so glad to be here, and if I can be helpful, I'll be glad to.  I'm sure I'll learn a great deal from all of you.

Sandi

Sandi Ryan
sjryan2 at gmail.com