[Diabetes-talk] Any suggestions???

Julie Kline julie.kline at rochester.rr.com
Fri Oct 19 01:00:30 UTC 2012

My husband had to have that test, and actually of all things, he had it done
on his birthday.  I've never done it myself but I do remember he was given a
combination of laxatives to take and basically had to be near the bathroom
all night and some into the next morning.  He could have water, chicken
broth, Jell-O (not red though so stay away from cherry); I think we used
orange and lemon and or lime, clear soda (we used 7-up),.  Like someone else
said, nothing red because that dye can be mistaken for blood.  He too would
say the worst part of the test was the preparation.  He doesn't remember the
actual procedure, just being told to lay on his side and then next thing he
remembered he was waking up.  He was really woozy when we brought him home,
but that wore off and he was later able to eat regular food again.

Good luck to you.