[Diabetes-talk] Introduction and the first of many questions.

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Fri Sep 28 23:00:35 UTC 2012

Wow glad you have enough vision to read your reading?
Or do you have to get someone to do that for you?
There are talking meters out there, and that is the best to get.
We use the prodigy meter, this meter tells you all of your readings,
when you don't hear it the first time, you can push a button and it
will tell you what it said.
You test because you need to know if you are to high or to low in your sugars.
And then you know what you need to do for the next meal.
if I am high in the morning, I will still eat my breakfast, as of today
a bacon egg with cheese sandwich.
and fruit.
Have my coffee of course loll.
For lunch I had a peanut butter sandwich with a small bag of freetoes.
Sure I spelled that wrong smile.
Now I will do a stake rap for dinner.
Adding some nuts, because I love the taste.
You can have a begel from time to time, there is nothing wrong with that.
some folks like cream cheese with it, and the low fat is good.
I know folks who do the weight watcher diet and do well.
you try to stay with chicken for the most part, or turkey.
Cut back on red meat not so often.
You must also watch your desserts, because to many of those will cause
your numbers to go higher than you care for.
yes in my family there are no diabetics either, so I have no clue how
on earth I got it either.
I do walk the tread mill for exercise, and this helps as well.
Getting the pounds off.
Make sure you keep in salads any grain foods, this helps with the diet as well.
I don't follow a diabetic diet myself, I just cut back on foods, and
eat the ones I like in small portions.
I am sorry you are going blind, where this shouldn't stop your singing at all.
Many blind folks sing.
I know I can't answer all of your questions, just know you will be fine.
Others will jump in and help you as well.
My name is Dar, feel free to write me any time.