[Diabetes-talk] Introduction and the first of many questions.

Bill Lewis wlewis19 at cox.net
Sun Sep 30 20:32:41 UTC 2012

Hi Linda, my name is Bill, and I am now blind and have diabetes-2.

Since you are unfamiliar with diabetes resources, first, contact your
talking book library and ask for suggestions for the increasingly large
number of books and magazines on the subject.  Diabetes Forecast is a
monthly mag you can subscribe to on tape or download from the NLS book site
onto a NLS cartridge that plays in your regular book and disk reading
machine you probably already have.

Learn to use available resources -- again, starting with materials via your
TB library.  There are hundreds of recipe books and recipe sites in
diabetes-related mags.

You no longer have a lack of information on diabetes available.  It is,
rather, almost a matter of information overload which can become a bit
daunting at first.Best of luck.

Bill