[Diabetes-talk] Diabetic cough syrup

Julie Kline julie.kline at rochester.rr.com
Sat Apr 13 02:31:17 UTC 2013

You might try the cough syrup called Delsym.  I used it once and it worked
ok for me.  I haven't gotten sick in a number of months since then, (thank
goodness) so I haven't had to worry about it anymore.  As far as sugar free
things being more expensive, that's usually true because like someone else
said, it's a specialized market where they don't sell those products in as
high a volume as their non sugar-free counterparts.  Some things I have
found I really like.  If you ever want ice cream bars, Edy's makes a sugar
free strawberry that's really good.  Jell-O has some sugar free puddings
that are good too.  I'm partial to the chocolate and dulce de leche (like a
Carmel taste), ones myself.  These are the ones already made, not the mixes.
I know some people have had allergic reactions depending on the type of
sweetener used, but so far that hasn't been an issue for me.  Jell-O also
makes a sugar free raspberry mix that I like as well as a sugar free orange
mix.  They have the pre made cups that are sugar free too, but I haven't had
those to see if I like them.  You're right though; some things are just
worth having the real thing.

Hope this helps.

Julie