[Diabetes-talk] Interesting to me

Sandi Ryan sjryan2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 18:15:44 UTC 2013

I'd think the issue with curling might have more to do with something else
wrong.  For instance, a few years back I was very anemic (my hemoglobin was
5.0--not A1C, the measure of my blood iron).  Just about that time, I had my
very long hair snipped up to about two or three inches long, and it curled
beautifully!  I've had to have perms most of my life, but since that time my
hair is curling.  And it definitely has a different texture than before.  I
think, now that I've been well for a time, it's beginning to straighten a
bit again.  But the only thing I can think of that changed my hair was the
anemia.  Its texture also changed at that time.  So illness, medication, and
other things can change one's hair, but usually don't unless you're really
sick!  Chemo, for example, nearly always gives a person curly hair when
their hair grows back.

Sandi