[Diabetes-talk] FW: Medicare and Solus V2

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Aug 14 20:09:00 UTC 2013

Greetings.

While seeking a permanent solution to the problem of obtaining accessible bg
meters and their ancillary supplies which are covered by insurers in general
and Medicare in particular, it occurred to me that an interim solution to
the problem would be for both Prodigy and Biosense to publish names and
telephone numbers of Medicare-eligible suppliers that carry their equipment.
Accordingly, I sent an email to my contact at Biosense re the Solus V2 and
have a telephone call into Kelly Massaro-Neal at Prodigy to obtain
information for the Prodigy Voice. Below, please find Biosense's response.
You will see names and telephone numbers of a number of providers who are
reimbursable by Medicare. When I get similar information from Kelly, I will
either publish it myself or have Kelly put it on the list since she is a
subscriber.

I think Biosense is wise to proceed carefully in endorsing providers.
However, I consider the situation sufficiently urgent that it justifies
public disclosure of provider contact information.

Mike Freeman, President

Diabetes Action Network

National Federation of the Blind