[Diabetes-talk] Subject: Re: Update on Pumps?

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Sun Aug 18 21:57:03 UTC 2013

In a way, I kind of benefitted from the fact that the diabetes education
part of my clinic is so lacking in substance. So right away, this forced me
on to the internet and on to other pump lists. And Everett, the best you
could hope for is to find a conference of some sort where the companies have
tables in the exhibit hall. But there's really nothing equal to calling them
up and setting up a personal visit. Then you'll actually get enough time to
start to understand the pump and ask intelligent questions before you sign
on the dotted line. For instance, you can't get anything from the PR about
how each pump calculates the insulin on board. And some of them handle it
very differently. That was one of the things that made me hold off a bit on
the Medtronic and the Omnipod. So no shortcuts, I'm afraid. And each of us
needs to decide what ends up being important for ourselves and I would
encourage this same behavior, the visiting with each company, even for
sighted people.
So let's all continue to share whatever we learn with each other here.
Veronica

Watch the video as The Guide Dog Glee Club sings "Rehab!" Yes! Yes! Yes!
http://youtu.be/JvakJ5lk6Us
Then find more music from Veronica Elsea and The Guide Dog Glee Club at:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407