[Diabetes-talk] Why won't insurance pay for more then 100 strips per month?

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Aug 31 20:11:42 UTC 2013

I am new to Medicare and AARP supplementary  insurance so I don't have  all
my ducks in a row on what is what, but I was told by my pharmacy that I can
 only get 100 test strips per month that will be covered.  I called up to
ask Medicare why and that I have my doctor's perscription saying I test 4 to
6  times a day.  They told me I have to order thru mail order to get more
then  100 strips covered.  Since I am new to all of this just this month, I
am  stumbling around and trying to learn what I need to do.

I do have Prodigy Voice and I now have information for a mail order, but I
am concern now with what has been put up on this list.

I just had before I went on Medicare a real hassle getting a new Prodigy
Voice meter from my old insurance company.  The final thing on that one was
I had to pay out of pocket $148 for just the meter.  That is what the
provider charged my insurance company and my insurance company had a $200
deductible for durable medical devices.  I was very much upset since I  could have
bought this machine forjust under $50 online.

insurance humbug!

Joyce  Kane
Blindhands at AOL.com