[Diabetes-talk] gestational diabetes have some questions about a talking glucose meter

Julie Kline julie.kline at rochester.rr.com
Sun Dec 1 21:23:01 UTC 2013

I have tried both the prodigy voice and the solo talking meters, and I like
the features and voices on both.  They are clear and easy to understand.  My
experience with testing is that honestly I haven't had any luck with either
meter.  I just can't seem to get enough blood for either meter to do an
accurate sample and I have tried everything.  After enough bad experiences
with testing, I gave up on testing myself altogether.  Like you, I don't
want to callous my fingers so much to where I can't read Braille anymore.  I
hope that someone else will have better ideas that they can offer you, but
this has just been my experience.