[Diabetes-talk] gestational diabetes have some questions abouta talking glucose meter

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 2 19:03:42 UTC 2013

I use the Prodigy Voice and like it. Some prefer the Solace, but I
personally haven't experienced problems with the Voice.

Having been type one diabetic for 28 years, I was use to testing blood
sugars long before I lost my sight, so I didn't struggle with testing
nonvisually. Nonetheless, some recommend setting the poker on the
highest prick option so you can feel it. I don't have much meat on my
fingers, so I've never liked doing this, but if it works, great. I just
poke, hold my finger down and squeeze a few times then line the tip of
the test strip up where I felt the poke. I hold the meter to manipulate
the test strip.

Hope this helps.