[Diabetes-talk] Diabetes resolution

Bill Lewis wlewis19 at cox.net
Thu Dec 12 00:14:51 UTC 2013

Hi Folks, Bill Lewis here.

I used to wonder why one or two medical equipment companies went to the
trouble of putting voice into some of their products.  Then I realize they
either got financing under research and development government grants or
from private foundations.

Just when I was getting nervous as to why we have not heard anything about
cuts in social security payments and medicare coverage, I have now begun
seeing articles in the newspapers.

Starting next year we on social security will receive 1.5 percent cola
increases, then have to pay more for the part-B section.  Then it is
anticipated that we on social security and using medicare will be required
to pay a $5000 prepayment for medicare coverage before it even kicks in.
I'm hoping that the public outrage will be enough to make the Senate and
President do a double take on their drive to completely ruin our American
health industry.  I don't know about you folks, but I can no longer afford
to cough up huge prepayments for medical care.  I already saw how HMO
programs backfired.

Furthermore, next year doctors and hospitals will receive 2% less in
reimbursements for medical services.

With such nice things to look forward to, I'm not going to hold my breath
for innovations in diabetic-related products, until I see what comes out of
this thing called ObamaCare orAffordable Care Act.  And to think I am
usually optimistic about life.   Bill