[Diabetes-talk] whole lemons

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 2 17:52:53 UTC 2013

Yes, this is true. I had everyone and anyone telling me their cure for
morning sickness. I was told to suck peppermint candies, drink herbal
tea, drink pickle juice and even crazier, grin. Nothing worked for me
except soda crackers and ginger-ale.

Exercise was another good thing, but as other mommies know, when you
feel like complete crap, it's difficult to get up and move around. I
continued to work-out during my pregnancy, but man, when I was having
morning sickness, it took everything in me to do it.

Fortunately once I entered my second trimester, the morning sickness
stopped. Then the swelling started, bummer. I was retaining so much
fluid towards the end, I literally dropped 50 pounds a week after
delivering. I didn't start showing until my sixth month, but at the end,
with all the swelling, I was so miserable. Submerging in water was the
only thing that brought any comfort.

My disproportionate weight gain caused complications like bad back, hip
and leg pain. My mom was like this, and I clearly inherited her
pregnancy genes. It was kind of funny not looking pregnant with clothes
on, then in my third trimester, bam, it was like, whoa, that chick's
pregers, ha-ha!

I never had weird cravings. In fact, I never had cravings of any kind. I
have never ate as healthy as I did when pregnant, smile. I really never
indulged. I was trying to do everything to keep sugars in tight control
and maintain my health in general. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies,
whole grains, no caffeine, no added hormones in food, etc. I had so much
self-control while pregnant, but I kept waiting for cravings and to feel
hungrier than normal, but I never did. I actually had a lower A1-C
during my pregnancy then I do not pregnant, smile. The benefit is that
six months after giving birth, I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight, yeah,
grin.