[Diabetes-talk] victoza

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Mar 8 18:23:57 UTC 2013

No, victosa is a supplemental drug like byeta and is specifically designed for Type 2 diabetics who are *not* taking insulin. Like byeta, it clamps down on post-prandial blood glucose spike's. It also tends to promote weight loss and satiety as Dar has discovered. Some people find that victosa has less side-effects than byeta. Some doctors might prescribe victosa off-label for Type 2's taking landis along with oral meds but I have never heard of such use.

Mike Freeman
sent from my iPhone

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/veronica%40laurel