[Diabetes-talk] victoza

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 02:20:54 UTC 2013

I got this today from a colleague at work.  The article he sent is written
for a medical professional, but there is still some good info for anyone
willing to wade through the alphabet soup of acronyms.  I added a link to a
Wikipedia article that clarifies what the heck they are talking about.
Basically, Bieta and victosa are compounds derived from substances which
occur naturally in your gut.  For whatever reason, type II diabetics have
too little of these substances, or there is something going on which breaks
them down too quickly.  Anyway, here are the articles.  Very technical.

>From me:

Probably need to read this first just to get past the alphabet soup.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incretin