[Diabetes-talk] Walmart Talking Prescription Containers: Order...

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Mar 31 18:46:17 UTC 2013

Certainly some of the pill containers are bears for everyone, blind and
sighted alike. But, with the possible exception of people with various forms
of dementia, it seems to me that with a bit of ingenuity and use of a
reader, one can label prescriptions with tape or perhaps PenFriend dots so
that one can then take medicines independently. It just takes organization
-- something that's a necessity for most blind people and something a good
many people don't have. I just think in the larger scheme of things, dealing
with prescriptions isn't or shouldn't be one of our higher priorities. But
enough people feel differently that NFB policy is to work towards some sort
of accessible prescription system and you will note that I've had EnVision
America on the DAN agenda each year.

Mike