[Diabetes-talk] App for iPhone and Glumonitor

Gregory D. Rosenberg gregg at ricis.com
Mon May 6 16:34:05 UTC 2013

Good morning everyone,

I have had an ibgstar for about four months. Although it is somewhat usable with Voice Over, I do not believe they consciously designed it to work with Voice Over. Although it is usable with Voice Over, it clearly was not designed with Voice Over in mind. At best they did things in such a fashion as to not to interfere with Voice Over.

It does work OK using the 30 pin to 8 pin Lightning adapter, but it is awkward at best. If we can get everyone to make positive suggestions to their engineering or R&D folks we probably can get this app truly polished to work with Voice Over. Their is a software developer kit available to make integrating with Voice Over fairly simple.

On May 6, 2013, at 10:33 CDT, Milton Ota <mota1252 at samobile.net> wrote:

> Someone has told me that there is an app for the iPhone that will work with a glumonitor to test blood and that it is much faster and doesn't take much blood on the test strip.
>
> Has anyone heard of such a thing and does it work well using voiceover?
>
> Please give info on name and if you know the vendor and cost as well. In other words any information will be helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance for help.

P.S. We have moved.

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund via your phone bill.

--
73' & 75'
Gregory D. Rosenberg AB9MZ
gregg at ricis.com

RICIS, Inc.
7849 Bristol Park Drive
Tinley Park, IL 60477-4594
http://www.ricis.com

708-267-6664 Cell
708-444-2690 Office
708-444-1115 Fax (Call First)
We are tired of SPAM faxes.

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from your computer.