[Diabetes-talk] Why won't insurance pay for more than 100 strips per month?

Tamera fidano at comcast.net
Sun Sep 1 18:00:00 UTC 2013

Many insurances are requiring all 90 day supplied RX and durables  be
purchased via mail order.
Recently I had to go to a different BlueCross plan that requires my strips
come via a pharmacy.. well, after much searching for a pharmacy that carries
my soloV testing supplies... I find It is much less expensive to shop on
Amazon or wherever and pay out of pocket.
I am sure if you bought that prodigy meter you could have  gotten it for
around $30, but this would not  of counted toward your deductible.. so its
kind of a wash and ridiculous how we are charged, insurance billed etc.
But, if you are up for  some time researching... you may find its less money
to just buy your supplies, meter and all  on your own and not bother with
insurance coverage.. but it is probably the goal behind so much of this.
For example, my co-pay  after insurance was billed.. no deductible etc. for
my soloV strips from advanced pharmacy was $15 per 50 vial of strips, on
Amazon I bought them for $14.99 and recently $12.99 per 50 with  free
shipping. While I have to  watch expiration dates.. I do not have to hassle
with Advanced sending me crap I did not ask for and paying the enormous
copay for it!
	Tamera