[Diabetes-talk] Fwd: FDA Warning Letter Issued to Prodigy Diabetes care

Bernadette Jacobs bernienfb75 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 16:38:45 UTC 2013

On 9/2/13, Mike Freeman <k7uij at panix.com> wrote:
> You assume that there is a common protocol for communicating data via USB
> port. Without legislation dictating otherwise, I think it more probable that
> each manufacturer would end up insisting upon developing its own speech box
> and I deem this unlikely these days. We have the example of Roche which
> supposedly was doing just this, making a combination of an AccuChek Aviva
> and speech box. The meter was supposedly going to be a standard Aviva but
> this didn't work out. Roche had to modify the meter and we have heard
> nothing more of the effort for several years.
> I agree with Dotty that we should be willing to pay more for our bg meters.
> We would have to change our mindset. And people tend not to want to test
> now, let alone if meters were more expensive. And the current marketing
> model in the industry is that money is made on the strips, not the meters.
> Fun and games.
> Mike
>
> On Sep 2, 2013, at 3:15, Cherylandmaxx <Cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Biosense should also
>>

>> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4

Hey Gang:

I like where Mike and Dotti are both going with this one.  Most of
these outfits are giving away their meters anyway, no matter which one
of them for the very reason so that we don't have to buy it.  Could it
actually be that these folks are giving away their meters because they
are so inexpensive that the cost really doesn't matter to them.  So,
if there was one out there that was more accurate, no matter the
price, would they be so inclined to give meters away?  Don't worry.
If the price was high enough, they wouldn't give any of it away.  They
wouldn't really care whether or not anyone could afford it.  If it was
high enough and if we really wanted it, we'd pay the price.  Right?
That's the way most do it.
We took the kids to the Grande Prix here in Baltimore.  For three
slices of pizza, two hotdogs, and two cups of lemonade, we paid fifty
bucks.  Obviously, those folks don't care what price they mark on
things. They know that people are buying it because it's there,
convenient, and they'd have to walk or drive too far to get anything
else, so of course they're buying it.  We all gotta eat.  Huh? Just
like all of us diabetics have to test our blood.  Huh?
Bern