[Diabetes-talk] Fwd: FDA Warning Letter Issued to ProdigyDiabetes care

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Mon Sep 2 21:07:14 UTC 2013

Amen, Sandy!
Frankly, I think the FDA needs to go after most meter companies while
they're at it. I too could not get the Prodigy to work for me, as too many
of my numbers were way off because of not enough blood. It's amazing to me
to think that if one gets a continuous glucose monitor, it must be
calibrated to the BG meter. Really? Unbelievable!
And yes, a separate speech box would still have to be tested by the FDA with
the particular meter. The advantage for the manufacturers is that a third
party could actually manufacture the box and the meter makers wouldn't have
to retool their factories or make different meters. For this reason, it
might speed up the process and give us quicker access to more mainstream
devices. And I'll try not to get off on my rant about insurance companies.
But hey, sometimes life has to be about more than just cheap. Can't wait for
the first successful law suit against an insurance company for providing
inferior care just to make a profit. Okay, off my soap box now. <grin> But
there are things that I think could be done. Give insentives for Prodigy to
clean up their act, if that would help. Right now it seems that our society
sure knows how to ban things, punish companies, but not how to work together
and really make something work. This would sure be a great time to break
that cycle in my opinion.
Veronica

Watch the video as The Guide Dog Glee Club sings "Rehab!" Yes! Yes! Yes!
http://youtu.be/JvakJ5lk6Us
Then find more music from Veronica Elsea and The Guide Dog Glee Club at:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407