[Diabetes-talk] why I don't test myself

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 2 22:14:57 UTC 2013

There are differences between type 1 and 2, some minor, some bigger, but
one common denominator is glucose testing. I find it interesting how
many diabetics, blind and sighted, type 1 and 2, who don't think they
need follow the known regimens for diabetes management. As Mike states,
like it or not, testing is a part of any diabetics daily routine, at
least if they want the tightest control possible. Even after weight
loss, testing is still crucial.

Personally, I don't have many problems with testing, but I know this is
a complaint for many, and on the occasions I do experience problems with
testing, it is frustrating. Nonetheless, this is just a part of any
diabetics routine. Just because you reach a certain level of management
and a particular A1-C, it doesn't mean you can now stop testing. This is
just a fact of life for diabetics.