[Diabetes-talk] why I don't test myself

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Sep 3 14:51:37 UTC 2013

Debbie:

I am reluctant to copy and publish the letter directly since it is a FDA
document and was itself not published as a document but, rather, as a web
page which is probably dynamically-generated. However, I am told you can
find the warning yourself if you go to <http://www.fda.gov> and put Prodigy
in the searchbox. You might also wish to contact Kelly Massaro-Neal who
monitors this list to obtain a replacement meter. Incidentally, although it
may be the meter at fault, it is more likely to be a strip problem. If none
of the results make sense to you, try a new bottle of strips.

You might also want to get your reader to tell you the expire-dates on the
strips and also the lot-number of the strips.

We're having to become more vigilant by the day!

Mike Freeman