[Diabetes-talk] Recently DXED Pre-Diabetic

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 11 19:56:36 UTC 2013

I'm type one, and there are big differences between type one, two and
pre-diabetic, but I'm always curious as to why type two's and
pre-diabetics are told to test so infrequently. Testing only once a day
doesn't allow you to track and follow trrends throughout the day. You
may get a grasp on fasting glucose levels when testing once, but what
about throughout the rest of the day, especially after meals? Being type
one, I've always been encouraged to test frequently throughout the day,
and on average, I test 6 to 8 times a day. I know with other types of
diabetes it may not be as crucial to test this often, but I thought 4
times a day was recommended even for pre's and type two's. You hear all
the time how frequent, consistent testing is what helps regulate
diabetes, but then why are some told by doctors to test so infrequently.

Sorry, Vickie, not debating you. This is a general question, and I ask
anyone to respond.