[Diabetes-talk] Recently DXED Pre-Diabetic

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 12 01:09:07 UTC 2013

I mean, without testing more often, or doing that once a day testing on
a rotation, how do you know any information about what glucose levels
run at different times or after meals or exercise? Despite what type of
diabetic, I thought this info was important.

And like I've said before, an A1-CC will provide you with an average for
a three-month period, but it won't help you track trends and find
exactly where those trouble spots are. And again, regardless of what
type or method of treatment, this seems like important knowledge.

Far be it for me to speak with authority or question any prescribed
treatment, but both my endo and nurse educator are shocked that any
diabetic would not test often. I hosted a diabetes seminar for my
affiliate convention a couple of years ago, and I was able to have my
nurse educator, who's now the head administrative nurse for the Nebraska
Med Center's Diabetes clinic, speak. It was one of the most successful
seminars for a Nebraska convention, though many don't like to give me
credit for it, but that's a convo for another day. Anyway, afterwards,
my nurse educator told me how shocked she was about the lack of
information current diagnosed diabetics had, and how across the board,
most were not testing as often as they should, and this included type
two's.

So anyway, I just don't understand why any diabetic wouldn't at least
test before all meals and two hours later. One, to avoid blood sugar
extremes, and two, so you and your doctors know what is happening at
these times. I get that for non-insulin independent diabetics, they may
not be able to do much to change this outside of doseage changes, but
still, the information is important, at least this is what I've always
been led to believe.