[Diabetes-talk] Recently DXED Pre-Diabetic

Bernadette Jacobs bernienfb75 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 01:01:53 UTC 2013

On 9/10/13, victoria bishop <vicky at donbishop.org> wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> My name is Vicky, and I joined this list a few months ago after learning I
> was at a high risk of becoming a fully type 2 diabetic, something I just
> refused to accept. I was devastated. Thankfully, people on this list have
> really helped me put things in proper perspective and I now have a much
> better handle on things even to the point of changing doctors because my new
> doctor who diagnosed me just was not forthcoming. The doctor I saw today
> encouraged me to change my diet and exercise, take medication at the same
> time of day every day and test my blood sugar once a day in the a.m. before
> breakfast for 30 days and then get a blood test. Doing it daily at the same
> time is very important. I have data on file from two previous intravenous
> tests 3 month apart for a baseline. It has taken me a while to get it right
> using the Prodigy Voice meter and as much as I didnT like pricking my
> fingers, I forced my! to keep at it until I got consistent results. The
> peace of mind I have is worth it. Also if I see my sugar going up or down I
> can eat properly to try to keep it in a safer range. If I get a flaky
> reading, I test a second within five minutes' time and that usually works
> well. I appreciate Mike's diligence in finding out about the different
> meters and test strip accuracy. Prodigy does say that levels do vary. I am
> not too worried because testing consistently and using the intravenous blood
> sugar test as a guide helps my doctor know if I am stable or progressing. So
> that's from a newbie.
> Vicky Bishop

> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/diabetes-talk_nfbnet.org/bernienfb75%40gmail.com

Wow Vikki!!!  You're good!!!  Really, really good!!!  Phantabulous!!!!
 Gotta hand it to ya!!!!  I'm no where near that good!!!  When I was
first diagnosed, I was madder than a wet hen for a long time and went
on from there.  I haven't stayed mad, of course.  But it did take me
awhile to get even remotely near where you are.

Now, onto another quickie.  Has anyone heard from Diane in CO?  She's
right in the heart of where all that flooding is, I believe.  Someone
can correct me if I'm wrong.  But I've tried to phone her, text, and
all that other crud, to no avail.  Hopefully, no news is good news and
she's way, way busy with school.

Take care gang and have a great day!!

Bern