[Diabetes-talk] What About Prodigy Working with Insulin Pumps?

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 10:40:06 UTC 2014

Sandy,

And this is what I mean by trying to think creatively and outside the
box. I also think what you suggest is a form of warfare too, maybe just
not as militant as other forms, and one I'm suggesting on this list. And
I think there is a way to make demands without sounding militant or
obnoxious.

And I will say this, going the legal route seems like the solution, but
look how long it took for other groups to get laws to change, and
consider how laws were adopted only to fail at the last. I mean, the
LBGTQ community is still waiting for drafted legislation to be
finalized, and even when the ink seems dry, it starts to run on the
page. And the disabled community understands this situation too. So the
legal route isn't always the most sure-fire way either.

I think Sandy has the right idea to go at this from a different
perspective, but I also think Mike's idea of a war of some kind will be
what is needed for change. I think the two of you, and those of us
invested in this issue, are just in the beginning phases of developing
new, fresh, convincing arguments. We just don't quite see how working
together will culminate in this, but I just have a feeling.