[Diabetes-talk] Desperately Seeking insulin Supplier Under Medicare Part B

Alan Lemly walemly at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 21:40:48 UTC 2014

I really can't explain the number of hours and the hoops I've jumped through
trying to get my prescriptions set up under Medicare. I was hoping to find a
mail order supplier for my insulin but since as an insulin pumper, I'm
covered under Medicare Part B, no mail order supplier will supply insulin
under Part B due to the low Medicare Part B reimbursement rate.

So my question is, where do those of you on Medicare who use an insulin pump
get your insulin? If you could tell me any hoops you had to jump through to
get this set up under Medicare Part B so I can do it on the front end, I'd
be most appreciative. I found a knowledgeable person at my local Walgreens
but she mentioned something about the doctor needing to submit a certificate
of medical necessity CMN form to Medicare and I'm having a hard time
locating one of those forms on the Medicare.gov website. I found many CMN
forms dealing with things like lift chairs and other durable medical
equipment but I already have an insulin pump and just need to get the
insulin to feed it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Alan Lemly