[Diabetes-talk] Desperately Seeking insulin Supplier Under Medicare Part B

Geoffrey Hester geoffstaceyhester at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 02:31:08 UTC 2014

Alan,  I feel your pain!  I have been working for weeks to accomplish the
same thing. I have spent hours at my local CVS trying to get United
Healthcare (Medicare Advantage plan) to talk them through the process.  No
one seems to want to submit the claim under part B which the plan(s)
clearly state insulin infused via pump is covered.  I have called 21 mail
order companies trying to get them to process under part B and non are
willing or able to do it.  United Healthcare suggested that I "try"
Walgreens...let frustrated that I am being asked to "try" when this should
be a fairly simple process.  I am sorry that all I am able to do is
commiserate with you with all of the frustration that this causes.  I will
let you know if I have any success with Walgreens.
Geoff