[Diabetes-talk] 75 Days of Action

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Jul 25 18:18:26 UTC 2014

Fellow Federationists and friends:

The NFB Diabetes Action Network (DAN) is, first and foremost, a division of
the National Federation of the Blind (NFB). One of DAN's primary tasks,
therefore, is to increase the membership of NFB. By doing so, we help to
spread the gospel of NFB that blindness doesn't have to hold us back from
achieving our dreams and to spread the good news that blindness doesn't have
to be an obstacle to good diabetes care and that neither blindness nor
diabetes prevents us from living the life we want.

This summer's NFB national convention saw the inauguration of a project
called the "75 Days of Action" to make a concerted effort to increase the
membership of NFB. The 75 days begin on September 2 and continue until
November 16 which marks the 75th anniversary of the founding of the National
Federation of the Blind. Our state affiliates will make a strong push to
found new NFB chapters and to strengthen and revitalize existing chapters
during this time.

I strongly urge all DAN members to work closely with their state NFB
affiliates both during the 75 Days of Action and afterward to increase NFB
membership. By doing this, we will not only be doing the work of NFB but
will be doing our part to increase the visibility of DAN within NFB and thus
to increase the priority of our initiatives to assist blind diabetics to
live the lives they want.

Let's Go Build the Federation!

Mike Freeman, President

Diabetes Action Network