[Diabetes-talk] help being blind is all right but being blind and a diabetic is not good at all

Dawn dlanting at bex.net
Fri Mar 14 20:08:06 UTC 2014

Hello  well I got a count a dose in the mail today  I had a visiting nurse
out here to take my blood pressure with my new talking blood pressure cuff
she showed me how to use it  but when it came to the count a dose she had no
clue  the doctor had no clue it came with a disk  but it is one that my
computer can not read  I take two different insulins  I take one hundred
units twice aday of ythe Lantus  then I take a short acting insulin three
times a day  forty five units  I can use the ccount a dose thing with that
because it goes up to fifty units  but no one can tell me how to work it  I
have a friend draw up my needles  but I need to be able to do ythis myself I
want to be independent  but  it don't seem possible  I take a total of five
shots a day  plus one more shot once a week the mmedicne  that works with
insulin  anyone have anyclue  what I am to do??? Thanks so much and have a
great day