[Diabetes-talk] help being blind is all rightbut being blind and diabetic is not good at all

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Mar 16 17:23:34 UTC 2014

Bern:

With respect: don't be so snooty! The demand for shorter needles comes
directly from patients. There's no bunch of omniscient Know-it-alls that are
making decrees about poor, defenseless diabetics. As with the size of the
special VoiceMate sound unit which contained an identifier for Lilly insulin
viles -- part of the reason it was so large -- it's a case of "be careful
what you wish for; you just might get it!". Most people want shorter needles
and while most of the consequences are good (I don't have to pinch up the
skin anymore before giving myself an injection), it makes sense that there
may be problems. Aside from cost, why *anyone* uses viles anymore is beyond
me.

Cheers!

Mike