[Diabetes-talk] BD syringes

Bernadette Jacobs bernienfb75 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 17:11:49 UTC 2014

Sorry Gang.  As I've said previously, even the BD syringes have shorter
needles now. That's why I ended up switching to the pen.

Bern

Hi Grant,
I do appreciate the suggesttions.
The count a dose might work with her fast acting insulin. She use 45
units three to four times a day.
The 100 units would require two shots for each injection so she could
end up with about twelve shots a day.
I do not think it would be a problem for her to have the bottles in
different containers because that is the way her syringues are stored
after they are set up by her friend.
They also have lids so they don't get knocked over by someone.
Has anyone used the Safe Shot sold by Maxiaids?
It sounds are though that might work be Maxiaids didn't have enough
information for me?
If anyone uses Safe Shot I would like to know if you can still use the
syringues provided was your pharmacy.
The presets might work because the doctor or his designee could set it
for 100 units.
Her endocrinologist didn't want her to use 500 IU's because he said this
was too unpredictable.
I understand about the BD Syringues because I used those for my
daughter's G-tube feeds and medication.
Thanks for your help!
Colleen Roth