[Diabetes-talk] Possible Solution for Fixed Dose

Colleen Roth n8tnv at att.net
Mon Mar 24 19:50:12 UTC 2014

Hi Mike,
I do agree that the Safe Shot wouldn't be helpful if someone had to give themselves a dose which was not already se on a Safe Shot Device.
At least for the most part someone could still be independent.
Maybe having the ability to give themselves Insulin after Syringues are set by a doctor or nurse would solve most of the problem.
Since the devices are really reasonably priced it might be possible for someone to have an extra Safe Shot with an amount ta person could use in case they needed to add some insulin or give less at some point.
I was thinking maybe someone could have a Safe Shot with 25 units as an example.
For a totally blind person some tactile marking or special place for storage would be a good way to keep track of which Safe Shot was for what dose.
I do not take Insulin but am just trying to help Dawn and anyone else who would benefit from this information.
Colleen Roth