[Diabetes-talk] Tour de Cure

Sally Maguire 1.sally at comcast.net
Sun May 4 02:30:19 UTC 2014

Dear Friends,

Your support for me in the Tour de Cure is more important than ever this year.

I noticed that I was losing my transplant March 3 this year when I checked my blood sugar and it was high. I am still taking all the immune suppressants as the doctors are hoping that I might be able to keep the few cells that remain a bit longer

Even if you cannot contribute a large amount, any amount will let me know that you support me.

It saddens me to be back to testing blood sugars and taking insulin again.  This is a very difficult disease and I'm having difficulty resuming the diabetic regime.

 Today my blood sugar popped into the 300's for no explainable reason.  I had forgotten how lousy that makes one feel!  Hopefully I will feel well enough to ride the 50 miles tomorrow!

It felt really good to not have the symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes for almost 5 years!  What a reprieve!

I am participating in the American Diabetes Association's annual Tour de Cure event again this year. I am asking you to join me in the effort to Stop Diabetes by making a contribution to support my ride. On May 4, I plan to be riding on a tandem bike through Napa Valley, California.  I am riding with the team from Guide Dogs for the Blind. The Diabetic riders are given special recognition by wearing red jerseys and are called "Red Riders."

I have attached the picture from last year's ride in Palo Alto. You will see my yellow Lab , Blossom in the picture.

The dollars we raise for the American Diabetes Association fund research, provide services, and give voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes. I believe in the work they do, and I invite you to join me in this effort. More than 25 million Americans live with diabetes, and your support can and will make a difference in their lives.

You can visit my WEB page to donate

https://donations.diabetes.org/site/Donation2?idb=859804695&df_id=13584&13584.donation=form1&FR_ID=9419&PROXY_ID=7357046&PROXY_TYPE=20

  All major credit cards and Pay Pal are accepted.    If you would prefer to donate by check, make it payable to:  The American Diabetes Association.

Mail it to me at:

Sally A. Maguire

2656 Box Canyon Rd.

Pinole, CA 94564

Whatever you can give will help! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress. Thank you for making a contribution to this cause that is so important to me!

Gratefully,

Sally