[Diabetes-talk] prodigy meter

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Feb 24 17:10:42 UTC 2015

All good advice.

In addition, make certain that your doctor specifies the "Prodigy Voice":,
not the "Prodigy Autocode". Pharmacies and insurance companies tend to get
the two mixed up since the Autocode also talks but is *not* fully
accessible.

On the other hand, it is perfectly fine to specify Prodigy Autocode test
strips for your ongoing supplies since these work just as well in the
Prodigy Voice and pharmacies and insurance companies will be more familiar
with the Autocode strips; indeed, these may already be in your insurance
carrier's formulary.

Your doctor may have to do a bit of jawboning with your insurance carrier,
though.

But if you can't readily get a Prodigy Voice through insurance, one costs
only $50 at NFB's Independence Market. It seems to me that fifty bucks is
well worth paying to achieve good health.

Mike Freeman