[Diabetes-talk] [nfb-talk] Gastral bypass surgery

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 23:24:22 UTC 2015

And I think you would deal with it just as any sighted person would in terms
of protocol and management. Perhaps some modifications may be necessary, but
so far, in my personal dealings with health and medical procedures, very
little had to be modified to suit me as a blind person. I did pretty much
what a sighted person did in my given situations.

Obviously, each person is different and unique, so of course management will
be based on individual needs for any person, but in terms of blindness
alone, I don't think you need worry about making much accessible.

I'm also not familiar with this procedure, knowing only the basics, so maybe
others will have more insight.

If a diabetic undergoing gastral bypass surgery, it could drastically affect
glucose control, I would think, so that's another point to consider. As a
diabetic, I would be more concerned about meeting diabetic needs than blind
ones.