[Diabetes-talk] artificial pancreas

Edward Green ergreen1981 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 06:54:35 UTC 2015

Hi Rachel,

This sounds interesting.  However, the only projects relating to a bionic pancreas that I could find appear still to be in development and haven’t yet reached large scale clinical trial stage.

Cambridge University in the UK have recently completed trials, and it looks as though Boston University in collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital are about to start.  Take a look at http://sites.bu.edu/bionicpancreas/ <http://sites.bu.edu/bionicpancreas/> and if you’re interested in the uK findings, https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Research/Research-round-up/Research-spotlight/Research-spotlight-the-artificial-pancreas/ <https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Research/Research-round-up/Research-spotlight/Research-spotlight-the-artificial-pancreas/>.

Cheers,

Ed