[Diabetes-talk] Lantus pin

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed May 13 03:48:05 UTC 2015

While fewer pumps are useable by the blind, and I continue to advocate for
fully accessible pumps, the ones that do work for us allow one to do more
than just bolus. While a large portion of the pump is too complicated to
follow directions without seeing or having accessibility, there is still
quite a bit a blind person can use on certain pumps. And while many
companies are turning to touch-screen technology, I know several sighted
diabetics using traditional pumps with tactile buttons still.

But pumps are not for everyone, nor are they the only way to control
diabetes. For me personally, I have found my numbers to be more consistent
than before, giving me lower A1-C's, but plenty of people on injections and
pins experience this too.